Thursday, January 03, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!!!



I had a really fun time watching this student's senoir thesis's work posted in YouTube tonight. I could appreciate all the hard work and time put into it and can totally feel that this was a project from the heart & soul. Kudos to Carolyn Chrisman,even though this was an old project back from 2011. It's still a lot more impressive than a lot of the recent animation stuff that's been churned out recently. I get tired easily of all the 3D animation styles and this 2D version is certainly a breath of fresh air.
Cartoon Brew has posted up a list of upcoming titles we can look forward to for 2013. And I have to say, 2D is still something I'll look forward to apart from all the rest on the list. Just see for yourself,wouldn't you agree?
Ernest & Celestine




http://www.lesarmateurs.com/ Check out the bottom left corner of their website and you'll be pleased to see a nice selection of soundtrack tunes from the animation titles they've worked on. I'm lovin' it!!! Soundtracks from Triplettes of Belleville, Secret of Kells and the list goes on.

In other news, my car has finally been given a proper burial plot and traded it for a good second hand Toyota Corolla and I'm so so happy and relieved to finally be free from stress and anxiety caused by the old car that kept me in isolation and shredded nerves since November. I'm a whole lot less stressful now than I was a week ago. Even during my recovery and holiday period.
A big Thank YOU to Milx and Rini for looking after the wee lil orphan kitten while it was stuck in limbo for far too long. I owe you both heap big! And thank you too so much to Latif and family for taking in the wee lil tyke. I hope it hasn't been a burden on them taking it in. I am eternally grateful to all who've gone the mile for me all through last year. I hope I can make it up to everyone this new year.


And finally,thanks to my pal Luc for sharing to me this awesome music vid done in the tones of retro classic movies. Here's what the insert from Youtube have to say about it :
Squirrel Nut Zippers - "Ghost of Stephen Foster" [ with credits] music video. From the album "Perennial Favorites" (Mammoth Records). Winner of "Best Animated Music Video" at the 1999 Vancouver Animation Festival. Directed by Raymond Persi and Matthew Nastuk.

http://www.snzippers.com
http://www.myspace.com/snzippers

Have fun for the new year 2013,folks!

No comments: