CALLING MALAYSIAN-BASED ANIMATION TALENTS!
Tripod Entertainment is looking for animation talents for its “War of the Worlds: Goliath” production (WOTW).
WOTW is a DVD-release English-language animated sci-fi action-adventure “steampunk” movie, based on the “War of the Worlds” novel by HG Wells.
The production is mostly 2D, with 3D vehicles, props and certain environments.
The WOTW DVD movie will be released worldwide, and is expected to complete production in end-2009.
Tripod Entertainment is looking for candidates with the required criteria for the following departments:
- Function: To create all layout environments for key animation.
- Criteria: Candidates must be very skilled and experienced artists who understand perspective, and can translate key background drawings into layouts that animators can use. Artistic skill must be significantly strong, and must have experience in animation projects.
2) Colour (a.k.a. Ink & Paint)
- Function: To apply colour to all animation according to colour key plans.
- Criteria: Candidates can be fresh graduates or interns interested in starting out in animation.
- Candidates will be hired for a minimum of SIX months, and will be based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Freelancers are encouraged, although there is a strong possibility of long-term hire on other Tripod projects, depending on the talent’s performance for WOTW.
- Candidates will undergo training & supervision with lead artists & animation directors from SUN MIN IMAGE PICTURES, the animation studio behind “Ben 10”, “Fantastic Four”, etc. Sun Min personnel will be based in Petaling Jaya.
- Candidates will also receive the support of Tripod’s production management based in Los Angeles.
Depending on their performance during this production, selected candidates may have the opportunity to work at Sun Min in Seoul, or with Tripod in Los Angeles, on other projects in the future.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Candidates must have an aptitude to learn. This is a great opportunity to gain rare knowledge & exposure from a production which is run according to world-class animation processes & disciplines employed in Los Angeles and Seoul.
INTERESTED? Please send us your portfolio to:
LEON TAN, Executive Director, Tripod Entertainment
Deadline: 6 DECEMBER 2008
If you are an actual studio, please also forward your enquiries to the email address above. Please submit your portfolio also.
MORE JOB POSTS URGENTLY IN NEED OF TALENTS:
1) Steve Bristow from Creative Licence needs fulltime:-
a)Production Designer (5 months contract)
b)Character Designer (5 months contract)
c)Storyboard Artist (4 months contract)
d)Animatic/Offline editor (3 months contract)
e)Line Producer (8 months contract)
-For a 3D animated TV pilot episode for a US client. Need the following for a Dec or Jan start.
-They will be based in TTDI. If you have any buddies who are interested ask them to call me on 012 238 1500 or email me at email@example.com
2) Scriptwriter Manesh Nesaratnam urgently needs 2 storyboards artists for a vid project of his. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or
+60 (19) 277 2793
3) Animation Director Syed Hassan is looking for...
a) Layout artists (5-6 ppl)
b) Ink and Painters (5-6 ppl)
...to fill in slots for a 2D animation tv series by December.
Fresh grads are encouraged to apply as training will be provided. No previous experience necessary as long as you have the passion and commitment though skills in life drawing and knowledge of perspective is required. Comic artists are also welcome to apply.
Contact Mr. Syed Hassan at email@example.com or his h/p : 012-2682096
4) My colleague Steven Lim from Young Jump is sounding out word that they're hiring big time....
"Our studio currently has a number of positions available for both fresh graduates and experienced animators. If you know of anyone who's looking to be part of a cutting-edge animation studio with high aspirations, please do ask them to get in touch with me!
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join us as:
* 3D Modelers & Riggers
* Texture Artists
* Lighting Specialists
* Visual Effects Specialists
Currently, we are involved in production of Saladin, a fully 3D-animated series slated for international release. Work on the series has been at once challenging and exciting; demanding and rewarding. We believe that through Saladin, Young Jump can offer animators an enriching learning experience seldom found within the local animation industry. Of course, we also have our own plans for the future, and are looking for the right people to help us build that vision!
Good people are always hard to find, so we would very much appreciate your help in passing on the word.
Please contact :
Young Jump Animation Sdn Bhd
12A, Jalan 5/91A,
Taman Shamelin Perkasa,
Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel: +603 9283 3562
Fax: +603 9283 1562
H/P: +6012 6988 642
Visit us at [link]