If you aren't aware yet, there will be a creative conference happening here in KL during the first week of December relating to digital media,animation,videogames and perhaps,even comics. So if you're interested, here are the details below :-
Date : 7th -9th December 2009
Venue : The Royal Chulan KL
a) Keynote addresses by Thought-Leaders & Industry Experts.
b) Networking Sessions
c) Business & Technical Tracks
d) Recruitment Drive for Graduating Students
e) Company Portfolio Showcases & Exhibitions
f) Screening of Professional Works
g) MSC Malaysia Creative Industry Awards Night
Among the guest speakers/talents making their way to the event are :-
1) Alexander L. Fernandez - Streamline Studios’ Chief Executive Officer and is one of the founding members of the company. Serving as the company’s first sales director, Alexander transferred his knowledge of the IT industry to the gaming industry and watched his ideas flourish into a creative environment that employs over fifty people. His role quickly evolved into transforming Streamline Studios into one of the world’s foremost leading co-production and production management studios for interactive entertainment. Alexander has been a key component in Streamline’s success and has several franchises and titles under his belt, including Gears of War, Saints Row, Ghost Recon 2, and James Bond 007: Nightfire. He has an unrivaled enthusiasm when it comes to knowledge sharing about the benefits of external content creation and developing original content.
2) Guillaume de Fondaumière - Co-CEO of Quantic Dream which produced FAHRENHEIT, which was one of 2005’s most critically acclaimed games on multiple platforms is now also the executive producer of HEAVY RAIN, an exclusive PLAYSTATION 3 title developed with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios which aims at breaking new grounds in the fields of interactive narration and emotion in games.
Guillaume has been president of France’s video game trade body SNJV between 2005 and 2009, and has been recently appointed Chairman of the EGDF (European Games Developer Federation).
He was recently knighted in France’s National Order of Merit in recognition for his contribution to his country’s digital economy.
3)David Abramovitz - Veteran producer and writer of television and movies, including "21 Jump Street", "V", "Macgyver" "Cagney and Lacey" "Murder She Wrote". He was the creative force behind the Highlander TV series where he served as its Showrunner and is now consulting on the coming Highlander videogame and Summit Features remake of the original Highlander movie.
David's feature film "The No Game" will be in production in New York City and Jerusalem during the fall of 2009. He is the writer/producer of “War of the Worlds: Goliath”, and will continue to be a strategic partner for Tripod Entertainment.
David has previously lectured on the craft writing and storytelling for the screen at the Sorbonne in Paris and has decades of experience shaping IP and creating compelling characters and plots.
4) Anand Gurnani - Co Founder, CEO & Managing Editor, AnimationXpress.com
5) Antti Haikala - Co-Founder at Anima Vitae Studios (Helsinki)
6) John Stevenson - “Kung Fu Panda” Director
7) Eric Rollman - President of Marvel Animation
8) Fred Hasson - CEO Redbedlam Ltd & Chairman of the Online Games Special Interest Group, European Games Developer Federation
9) Henry LaBounta - Chief Visual Officer, EA Sports
10) Dream Tube Entertainment
11) Larry Bafia - VP, Faculty & Business Development,
Vancouver Institute of Media Art
12) Ramin Zahed - Editor-In-Chief,
13) Si-Bum Kim - Founder and CEO at Characterline Korea (Seoul)
14) Sue Erokan - Supervisor, Character Animation, Dreamworks (San Francisco)
15) Suresh Seetharaman - Founder and President, Virgin Comics and Virgin Animation (Bangalore, New York)
16) Tony Sealy - Managing Director,Intense Animation
Among many others.....
Site : www.mscmalaysia.my/kre8tif
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kre8tif
Twitter : twitter.com/i_am_kre8tif
Please do check out the link below for more details with regards to the event.
Media Coverage about the event : http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2009/11/2/technology/20091102101305&sec=technology
* For those who wish to attend the conference, please note that there will be an entrance fee of RM300 each or RM100 each for students.*
Note from the article :
"The conference organiser, the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC), hopes that by encouraging these acclaimed international experts to mingle with their local counterparts who have raw talent, the country’s digital content industry will go up a notch."
Cheers and have a great day,folks!