Sunday, October 09, 2011

Word of the Day : Constantinople

I started a trend with an art bud,drawing a rough concept/sketch out of a word or phrase of the day which we'd take it in turns to come up with. The word this time was 'Constantinople' which at the the I thought was too huge and glorious an undertaking to achieve in just one sketch so dilly dallied,not wanting to face the obstacle on my sketch journal. Eventually,I got to it and this was what I can up with,drawing from memory what's best I can come up with which links me to it,without having to go through arduous referencing,totally undermining the purpose of the everyday sketch exercise. So this is what I came up with. Thoughts of Emperor Constantine,the Byzantium era...Hagia Sofia in Istanbul....

So there you have it. My take on Constantinople.

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople) from They Might Be Giants on Vimeo.



Also,thanks to my DA pal, Avancna from US for sharing this link with me on it. Really cool!


Cheers folks!

No comments: